Apart from plenary and semi-plenary sessions, the scientific program of the ICA 2018 will include up to 11 parallel sessions with about 100 slots for the presentation of submitted papers. Each parallel session will last 90 or 120 minutes and contain a number of 30- to 45-minute talks. Related topics will be grouped together in one parallel session. Through the Call for Papers, ICA 2018 offers the opportunity to be part of the scientific program and to contribute to one of those sessions.
Abstract Submission Procedure
The Scientific Committee welcomes
- innovative research from academia (actuarial science, finance, insurance, risk management, etc.),
- papers written by national or international task forces and working parties as well as
- papers by practitioners describing results related to practice or open problems that might benefit from further scientific analysis.
Authors who are interested to give a presentation at the ICA 2018 are encouraged to submit an abstract using the ICA 2018 online submission tool from 1 February 2017 and no later than 31 July 2017. For submitting an abstract, please click here: Using the ICA 2018 – Submission Tool: Guide for authors (.pdf)
Abstract Submission Requirements
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Authors have to submit an abstract of 200-300 words
- This has to be accompanied by
- a description of the practical value of the submitted proposal
- and an overview of related literature or other sources
- The submission must be written in English
Authors of accepted abstracts have to provide a presentation, a brief bio and a portrait. Moreover, they have to agree to the distribution of the submitted material (abstract, presentation, etc.) within the scope of the ICA 2018.
The Scientific Committee has identified a wide range of main topics and subtopics. The main topics for the ICA 2018 include theoretical and practical issues, innovative approaches and day-to-day problems. Apart from section-specific topics, the scientific program includes also joint sessions covering cross-section topics. You can find the detailed list of topics by clicking on each section:
- Joint sessions of the program tracks LIFE/HEALTH and LIFE/PENSION
- Joint sessions of the program tracks IACA/PROFESSIONALISM
All details on the congress formats, the Call for Papers, the topics as well as the award sessions and other relevant information on the ICA 2018 can be also found in the full pdf version of the 1st Announcement.
- 1 February 2017 Start of Call for Papers
- 31 July 2017 Submission deadline
- November 2017 Notification of authors on final decision for
- general scientific program onsite and online
- ICA 2018 Best Paper Awards
- IAA Sections Best Paper Awards
- 19 November 2017 Publication of provisional scientific program