As part of the International Congress of Actuaries in 2018, the Scientific Committee will award a number of Best Paper Awards in six given subject areas. After consideration of all submissions, the Scientific Committee will decide on the num-ber of awards and the respective cash prizes of up to 1,500€ for each subject area. If there are no suitable submissions, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to refrain from awarding any prizes. Up to two Best Papers will be awarded in each of the following subject areas:
- Big Data – Algorithms, Analysis and Application
- Demographic Change and Longevity
- Aspects of Long-Term Savings: Uncertainty in Low Real Returns, Longevity and Inflation
- Behavioral Aspects of Insurance Mathematics
- Long-Term Risk: Modelling, Measuring, Managing and Economic Valuation
- Mathematical Aspects of Emerging Risks
Best Paper Awards supported by:
The Best Paper Awards honour outstanding contributions to the ICA 2018. Every ICA participant is eligible to compete for the Best Paper Awards by submitting a paper in accordance with the submission procedures. The prizes will be awarded in special sessions during the congress in Berlin. ICA participants wishing to compete for a Best Paper Award should submit, in addition to the regular abstract submission, a full paper of their results in pdf format using the ICA online submission tool from 1 February 2017 and no later than 31 July 2017.
For submitting an abstract, please click on the button:
Submissions must confirm the following additional requirements:
- Submitted papers have not been already accepted for publication in a scientific journal prior to submission.
- Submitted papers must be written in English and may not exceed 40 pages.
Timeline Best Paper Awards:
- 31 July 2017: Submission deadline
- November 2017: Notification of the authors about final decision
- 19 November 2017: Publication provisional scientific program